Tutorial App in 15 Minutes
This chapter shows you how to start building a web application in JBStrap . This simple application contains a page and a menu with menu items. These chapters will teach you how to choose a project structure, open your project in the IDE, create a window, create and register a page and add menu items. It will also show you how to compile and run the application. Go through the following sections to better understand this process:
- Step 1 - Creating your project with a Maven archetype : choose a Maven archetype to create your project structure.
- Step 2 - Eclipse project setup : import your project structure into Eclipse.
- Step 3 - Create a new page : now that you have your project in Eclipse, you can start with the actual coding to create a window.
- Step 4 - Create a new menu item : continue with placing a menu item into the window.
- Step 5 - Compile the application : this chapter shows you how to compile the application.
- Step 6 - Install your application : install your app to be able to run it.
- Step 7 - Run your application : finally, run your first ever JBStrap application!